The Red Sox made it four straight wins last night, after they were able to hold off several late Phillies pushes, and move to 28-18.
- Red Sox get two runs in third: Rafael Devers drove in Nate Eovaldi with an RBI double, followed by a Xander Bogaerts RBI double to make it 2-0 early.
- Eovaldi’s prominent start: Nate Eovaldi had an excellent day on the mound, going 5.1 innings allowing two runs off five hits, striking out four. He also worked a walk at the plate, and scored as mentioned.
- Santana, Bogaerts homer back-to-back: Xander Bogaerts hit a solo shot ball that made it over the left field fence in the sixth to make it 3-1, followed by a solo shot by Danny Santana in the next at-bat to tally the Red Sox fourth run.
- Darwinzon Hernandez gets out of jam: Darwinzon Hernandez was called upon from the bullpen in the bottom of the seventh, to clean up Phillips Valdez’ jam with one out. He would do so by striking out both Bryce Harper and Brad Miller to retire the side. He showed some emotion after the third out as well.
- Barnes gets the save: Mattt Barnes allowed two men on, but got out of it to record his 11th save of the year to capture the win for the Red Sox.