The Patriots were able to get above .500 for the first time this season, as they routed Stephon Gilmore and the Panthers, 24-6.
Carolina took a 3-0 lead early in the second quarter, as they took advantage of a Mac Jones fumble. But New England bounced right back, as Damien Harris trotted into the end-zone for a three-yard score.
Jones would be picked off by Gilmore late in the second and the Panthers would grab a field goal, but a 10-play drive from Jones would result in a touchdown — Jones hooked up with Hunter Henry for a nine-yard tally as the Pats went into halftime with a 14-6 lead.
The two sides traded three-and-out drives to start the third, but J.C. Jackson would pick off Sam Darnold halfway through the third and take it 88 yards to the house. On the next drive, Darnold would be picked off again, this time by Jamie Collins.
Nick Folk would miss a kick, but make one, adding three points to New England’s three touchdowns.
Stats and notes:
- Mac Jones went 12-for-18 passing through the air, tallying 139 yards
- Rhamondre Stevenson was quite impressive, rushing 10 times for 62 yards; also had two catches for 44 yards
- Damien Harris was the opposite of that, averaging two yards a carry on 15 rushes although he did muster a score
- Adrian Phillips led the team in tackles with six
- Matt Judon had the only New England sack
(Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images)