The Patriots can clinch a playoff berth Sunday with a few scenarios, but none can happen without a New England win or tie. Here is New England’s Week 17 rooting guide, and NFL playoff scenarios.
New England should be rooting for both a Dolphins loss to the Titans and a Raiders loss to the Colts. The division race, however, is also still in full swing; the Patriots could take the division lead with a Bills loss to the Falcons.
What’s first and foremost for New England, though, is a Patriots win over the Jaguars. It’s impossible for the Pats to clinch without a tie or win.
Here are six scenarios where the Patriots can clinch a playoff birth. The first two are much more realistic results, while the last four are much more unlikely but are possibilities.
How New England Patriots can clinch a playoff berth:
- NE win + MIA loss or tie OR
- NE win + LV loss or tie OR
- NE tie + MIA loss + LV loss + LAC loss or tie OR
- NE tie + MIA loss + BAL loss or tie OR
- NE tie + LV loss + LAC loss + BAL loss + PIT loss or tie OR
- NE tie + LV loss + LAC loss or tie + BAL loss or tie + MIA win + BUF win
Thank you for reading; if you’d like to see more content, sign up for our daily newsletter here