The Boston Red Sox are still undefeated in Spring Training as they took a 4-2 win over the Tampa Bay Rays Tuesday. Rich Hill made his first outing in a Sox uniform since 2016 while Bobby Dalbec continues a solid spring. Notes from today’s action.
- Dalbec doubled home Jonathan Arauz and Christian Arroyo in the third
- Double-A catcher Ronaldo Hernandez — who was acquired in the same trade that Tampa’s starter Tuesday Chris Mazza was in — drove in Christian Koss in the seventh, who walked earlier in the inning
- Wil Dalton, who spent his 2021 in the lower levels of the minors, blasted a solo homer in the eighth
- Hill threw a pair of innings, fanning two batters while also letting up two knocks and a walk
- Garrett Whitlock followed Hill up with another pair of scoreless innings, fanning three though he did give up two walks and three hits
- Matt Barnes and Taylor Cole each hurled a scoreless frame
- Geoff Harlieb let up the only two runs for the Rays in the seventh, as he served up a two-run blast to Ruben Cardenas
- Austin Davis finished it off with two run-less
Nate Eovaldi takes the mound tomorrow as the Sox host the Twins at 1:05 p.m. ET. As always, lineups will be posted.