The Boston Red Sox fell to the Baltimore Orioles Thursday night as Nick Pivetta went 3.2 innings for the Sox in the 8-5 losing effort. Game notes from the action.
- Kiké Hernandez, Ryan Fitzgerald (again), and Nick Northcut all homered
- Marcelo Mayer walked and struck out
- Nick Yorke struck and grounded out
- Kevin Plawecki had an RBI single
- Alex Binelas, Roberto Ramos, and Matthew Lugo also had hits
- Pivetta let up two solo homers in his 3.2 innings of work, finishing with four hits on four runs (two earned) let up
- Joan Martinez finished the fourth for Pivetta
- Jake Diekman let up a three-run blast his inning of work
- Matt Strahm and Hirokazu Sawamura both hurled a scoreless frame
- Kutter Crawford let up two hits on one run in his one frame of work
Boston will take on the Braves at 1:05 p.m. ET tomorrow. Tanner Houck will take the mound for the Sox.