The Boston Red Sox fell to the Braves Friday afternoon, 6-3, as Tanner Houck labored through just over two innings Friday. Game notes from today’s action.
- Jarren Duran went for 2-for-3 on the day
- Christian Arroyo drove home Ryan Fitzgerald — who walked — in the fifth
- Tyler Dearden also had an RBI base knock in the ninth
- Christian Koss followed Dearden’s at-bat with an RBI groundout
- Pedro Castellanos, Christian Vazquez, Connor Wong, and Tyler Dearden also had hits
- Houck walked five, allowing two hits and three walks on three runs in his third inning of work
- Jacob Wallace finished out the third grabbing two outs in relief of Houck
- Matt Barnes, Austin Davis, and Brayan Bello each hurled a scoreless frame
- Darwinzon Hernandez, like Houck, didn’t have a very fortunate day as he yielded five hits on three walks and three runs, only grabbing four outs
The Red Sox take on the Rays tomorrow afternoon as Michael Wacha faces his former squad. First pitch is at 1:05 p.m. ET at jetBlue Park.