The Boston Red Sox beat the Tampa Bay Rays Saturday afternoon as Phillips Valdez was strong through three innings while the Sox combined for four homers — two of which were hit by Rafael Devers.
- Devers clubbed a pair of solo shots, going 2-for-3 on the day
- Jackie Bradley Jr. and Kiké Hernandez also swatted homers
- Kevin Plawecki, Christian Arroyo, Bobby Dalbec, and Alex Verdugo also had hits on the day
- Michael Wacha ended his day with two runs on four hits given up, as he worked through the first two innings with ease but gave up three hits for two runs in the third against his former team — ending the day with four innings tossed
- Ryan Brasier let up a walk and a double in the fifth
- Zack Kelly hurled a perfect sixth
- Valdez surrendered two hits on two walks but held Tampa Bay scoreless in his three frames
The Sox take on the Twins tomorrow at 1:05 p.m. ET in another battle of Fort Myers.