The Boston Red Sox fell to the Minnesota Twins Sunday afternoon, 6-3, despite stellar three-inning performances from Garrett Whitlock and Rich Hill in the Battle of Fort Myers.
Game notes from today’s action.
- Jonathan Arauz and Jarren Duran both scored on a Rafael Devers sacrifice fly
- Rob Refsnyder homered and went 2-for-2 on the day
- Grant Williams, J.D. Martinez, and Arauz were the only others to have hits on the day
- Hill and Whitlock both tossed three innings and only allowing one hit
- Jake Diekman let up a single before three walks forced a run home and Darin Gillies to be summoned on and pick up a big inning-ending strikeout
- Hirokazu Sawamura’s eighth-inning outing was rather ugly, as he let up a pair of both walks and hits before a three-run big fly made it five runs earned for the righty
- Brendan Nail finished the eighth for Sawamura
Boston has an off-day before they take on the Pirates Tuesday afternoon.