The Boston Red Sox fell 7-2 to the Pittsburgh Pirates as Nathan Eovaldi went nearly six innings in his final start of Spring Training. Here are some notes from the action.
- Yolmer Sanchez was the one Red Sox to have a two-hit day
- Ceddanne Rafaela, Kiké Hernandez, Jonathan Arauz, Alex Verdugo, Christian Arroyo, J.D. Martinez, Travis Shaw, and Franchy Cordero all had hits
- Jackie Bradley Jr. homered
- Eovaldi went 5.2 innings, yielding two homers on three runs and six hits while striking out seven — one of the homers allowed was old friend Michael Chavis
- Austin Davis and Matt Barnes both let up two hits and a run across an inning of work
- Matt Strahm hurled a scoreless frame despite two hits allowed
The Red Sox begin their final three games of spring with a matchup tomorrow against the Braves, before a pair of contests against the Twins. That leads up to Opening Day on April 7 in New York, against the Yankees.
Join our daily newsletter to receive our coverage, right in your inbox! Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive all the stories from the day It is a free and easy way to get real and original Boston sports coverage sent directly to your email. Click here to join today!
You can also follow us on Twitter to get stories and highlights on your feed:
Click here to follow us on Twitter!