The Boston Red Sox fell to the Minnesota Twins, 2-0, in the second to last Spring Training game for the Sox as Tanner Houck went six innings. Here are some notes from a very action-less affair Monday.
- Xander Bogaerts, Yolmer Sanchez, and Bobby Dalbec were the only Sox players to get a hit
- Kiké Hernandez and Christian Arroyo notched a walk
- Houck went six innings, allowing five hits on one walk while striking out seven — the two runs allowed both came on solo big flies
- Hansel Robles allowed a hit in his one inning of work
- Jake Diekman and Hirokazu Sawamura combined for a scoreless eighth
Boston will take on the Twins again tomorrow in their final game of preseason before facing the Yankees on Opening Day Thursday night.
Join our daily newsletter BSW DAILY to receive our coverage, right in your inbox! Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive all the stories from the day It is a free and easy way to get real and original Boston sports coverage sent directly to your email. Click here to join today!
You can also follow us on Twitter to get stories and highlights on your feed:
Click here to follow us on Twitter!