Franchy Cordero makes his season debut for the Boston Red Sox as they open a three-game series in Baltimore against the Orioles. Rafael Devers hits cleanup while Rich Hill takes the mound. J.D. Martinez is out once again for the second straight night. It’s his fifth game missed in nine contests, though manager Alex Cora says it’s one more day for Martinez.
On the mound for Baltimore is Kyle Bradish who’s making his major-league debut, who was just a 9-year-old when Hill debuted.
- Brought back Tanner Houck and Kutter Crawford from the restricted list
- Recalled Franchy Cordero, newly reclaimed Jaylin Davis
- Tyler Danish, Rob Refsnyder, and John Schreiber were all sent back to Worcester
- Travis Shaw was designated for assignment
|1||2B Trevor Story|
|2||LF Alex Verdugo|
SS Xander Bogaerts
3B Rafael Devers
CF Kiké Hernandez
1B Franchy Cordero
DH Christian Arroyo
RF Jackie Bradley Jr.
C Christian Vazquez
LHP Rich Hill (0-1, 4.85
- Jonathan Arauz will soon head to Worcester for rehab
- Rich Hill, Nathan Eovaldi, and Nick Pivetta will be the rotation this weekend; no Houck, meaning he could have a bullpen role and Garrett Whitlock could stay in the rotation
Join our daily newsletter BSW DAILY to receive our coverage, right in your inbox! Sign up for our daily newsletter to receive all the stories from the day. Click here to join today!
You can also follow us on Twitter to get stories and highlights on your feed:
Click here to follow us on Twitter!